Job Title: Biotech Writer
Employer: Boston Globe Media Partners
Location: Boston, MA (remote for now)
- 5+ years journalism experience required, preferably including at least two years of biotech beat reporting.
- Experience working for a daily news organization preferred.
- This reporter should be a strong writer and comfortable with the complexities of medical science, business and health care.They should also be an idea generator, a self-starter, and a willing collaborator.
- This reporter has a willingness to adapt, be audience focused with a curious mindset and committed to creating an inclusive work environment
- This reporter will be based in Boston post-pandemic
Description: The Boston Globe is looking for an experienced biotechnology writer to join an expanded medical-biotech team covering one of the world's most vibrant and respected healthcare communities.
Biotech news in Boston often has national or even international impact -- from the invention of anesthesia at Mass General Hospital to Moderna's vaccine against COVID-19, inventors here frequently change the face of healthcare. And the Globe needs a reporter who understands the science, the business and the context of biotech developments while never losing sight of the people most affected by them.
The reporter will be expected to generate a steady stream of biotech stories ranging from breaking dailies to features and accountability stories developed over longer time periods. The reporter will also be expected to contribute to a weekly special section devoted to medicine and biotechnology.
Application and Further Information: To apply, visit: Biotech Writer
Expiration Date: n/a