Job Title: Executive Communications Manager
Employer: Harvard Medical School
Location: Boston, MA
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in journalism, communications, public relations, English or the life sciences.
- Minimum of seven years related work experience.
- Applicants wishing to be considered for this position must include a cover letter and three relevant writing samples in addition to their resume. Finalists will be asked to complete a comprehensive writing assessment.
Additional Qualifications and Skills:
- Strong background in speechwriting, writing, and executive communications
- Demonstrated ability to translate complex information--especially scientific content--into concise, clear communications for both lay and scientific audiences. Familiarity with biomedical researchers, academic and scientific leaders, alumni and donor communities beneficial.
- Experience working with senior executives, government officials, or leaders in an academic, medical, or science-related environment.
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment required.
- Superior writing and storytelling skills, with the ability to create compelling content that captures the style, voice, and preferences of the institutional leader.
- Skilled in navigating organizational boundaries to collaborate effectively.
- Positive attitude and team-oriented.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple projects while working effectively under the pressure of last-minute deadlines and changing priorities.
- Commitment to Harvard Medical School's work, mission, and community values.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative suites.
Description: Responsible for effectively articulating and promoting the vision of the dean of Harvard Medical School by developing relevant and compelling content for a broad range of internal, external, and global audiences. The executive communications manager will research, write, refine, and edit speeches, op-eds, articles, reports, letters, briefings, emails, announcements, and other materials.
Application and Further Information: Interested candidates should create a profile through Harvard University HR jobs portal and apply for position #53790BR. Direct link to this job advertisement (NASW member login required).
Expiration Date: n/a