Job Title: Medical Writer
Employer: Boston Globe Media Partners
Location: Boston, MA (remote for now)
- 5+ years journalism experience required, preferably including at least two years of medical beat reporting.
- Experience working for a daily news organization preferred.
- Strong writing skills and fluency in the complexities of medical science and health care.They should also be an idea generator, a self-starter, and a willing collaborator.
- Willingness to adapt, be audience-focused with a curious mindset and committed to creating an inclusive work environment
- This reporter will be based in Boston post-pandemic
Description: The Boston Globe is looking for an experienced medical writer to join an expanded medical-biotech team covering one of the world's most vibrant and respected healthcare communities.
Medical news in Boston often has national or even international repercussions, and the Globe needs a reporter who understands the science, the policy and the context of medical developments while never losing sight of the people most impacted by them.
The reporter will be expected to generate a steady stream of medical stories ranging from breaking dailies to features and accountability stories developed over longer time periods. The reporter will also be expected to contribute to a weekly special section devoted to medicine and biotechnology.
Application and Further Information: To apply, visit: Medical Writer
Expiration Date: n/a