Job Title: Science Communications Officer
Employer: Broad Institute
Job Location: Cambridge, MA
- A passion for developing unique story angles and well-researched, creative ideas for new content, particularly stories that reflect diverse perspectives and highlight how scientific discovery impacts a broad array of communities
- Strong writing and communications skills, particularly in translating complex topics into clear, accurate, succinct and compelling copy for a lay audience
- A love of science and biology and a passion for making it accessible to the world
- A strong ability to juggle multiple projects, shift gears quickly when needed, and hit tight deadlines
- Experience in science/medical/health writing and/or communications, or a demonstrated passion for communicating science to the public
- A bachelor's degree at a minimum
Background in science, journalism, and/or multimedia production is a plus.
Description: The Science Communications Officer (SCO) will be a critical part of the Broad's Communications team and will focus on writing news and feature stories about Broad initiatives and research, profiles of members of the Broad community, and other content for the Broad Institute website and other public channels. The SCO will work collaboratively with our talented group of writers, editors, graphic designers, web developers, video producers, and social media team on a variety of communications projects.
The SCO will also be part of Broad's vibrant and active research community, attending talks, learning new science, looking for compelling story ideas, meeting and interviewing researchers across faculty, staff and trainees, and working with them to fact-check stories.
In addition, the SCO will contribute to internal communications, social media, video and other content, as well as regularly update key scientific content on our website.
This person will be focused on writing and creating content and will be a key part of our effort to broaden and diversify our storytelling.
Application and Further Information: Please apply here.
Expiration Date: n/a