Job Title: Staff Writer/Editor
Employer: The Scientist
Job Location: Remote
- At least three years of experience as a science journalist. Ideal candidates will have spent time as a staff member of a newsroom and will have diverse clips, from breaking news to long-form features.
- A bachelor's degree in a scientific field is required; an advanced degree is a plus.
- Dedication to the highest standards of journalism
- A firm grasp of biology, in particular, genomics, molecular biology, neuroscience, immunology, and comfort with researching, reading, and translating primary literature into compelling stories
- Excellent reporting and writing skills
- Outstanding time management
Description: The position includes reporting, assigning, and editing articles for the magazine and website, and contributing to social media content. Ideal candidates will have at least three years of experience in science journalism and a strong background in communication and in the life sciences.
This is a US/Canada-based telecommute position operating during US East Coast business hours. The staff writer/editor will join a tight-knit team that collaborates in fulfilling our mission to deliver accurate, meaningful, and engaging stories for our audience. We seek to amplify underrepresented voices, and we encourage journalists from underrepresented groups to apply.
Application and Further Information: Please send resume, cover letter, three references, and three published clips to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expiration Date: January 11, 2021.