Grants to Fund Resources
We understand that some of our resources listed cost money or require supplies that are not readily available. To try and make microbiology education as accessible as possible, we have collated a list of grants for K-12 educators in the US that could be used to fund microbiology related projects. Please read the requirements and deadlines for each grant carefully before applying.
• Each fully autonomous chapter supports awesome projects through micro-grants, usually given out monthly. These micro-grants, $1000 or the local equivalent, come out of pockets of the chapter's "trustees" and are given on a no-strings-attached basis to people and groups working on awesome projects.
NEA Student Success Grant
• Grant funds can be used for resource materials, supplies, equipment, transportation, technology, or scholars-in-residence. Although some funds may be used to support the professional development necessary to implement the project, the majority of grant funds must be spent on materials or educational experiences for students.
Voya Unsung Heros Grant
• Grants are given to K-12 educators utilizing new teaching methods and techniques that improve learning. Each year, 50 finalists are selected to receive a $2,000 grant, payable to both the winning teacher and his or her school. At least one grant is awarded in each of the 50 states, provided at least one qualified application was received from each state.
ACS-Hach High School Chemistry Classroom Grants
• Since 2008, over 700 high school chemistry teachers received ACS-Hach High School Chemistry Classroom Grants to support ideas that enhance classroom learning, foster student development, and reveal the wonders of chemistry. (could apply for projects that involve chemistry and microbiology)
The Beacon’s Technology Teacher Grant
• We believe technology has a place in every discipline — and studying its role in our lives is critical for students of all ages. Share your tech-focused lesson plan with us, and you could win up to $1,000 for classroom supplies, educational subscriptions and apps for your students, and more.
Staples STEM Classroom Grants
• AdoptAClassroom.org is partnering with Staples® to support STEM education in classrooms across the nation! Now through February 15, 2020, K-12 public, private, or charter school teachers can apply for $1,000 STEM classroom grants. We are looking for innovative teachers who want to make an investment in their students and create a big impact.
Toshiba America Foundation Grant
• Sixth to 12th grade teachers are invited to apply on-line for a Toshiba America Foundation grant of up to $5,000 and more than $5,000 to help bring an innovative STEM project into their own
• ecoSolution™ Grants range from $500-$2,500 and are intended to support solution-oriented, youth-led projects that result in real environmental outcomes. ecoSolution™ Grants are available to educators working with youth in the United States (international projects are by invitation only).